Edmonton Notary Services can be required for travel consent letters, document certification, statutory declarations, affidavits or real estate transaction documents.  The first step is to determine what type of service you require.

Do I need a Notary Public or Commissioner for Oaths?

The key difference between a Commissioner for Oaths and Notary Public is whether the document will be used outside of the Province of Alberta.  For example, affidavits to be used in Alberta Courts in the City of Edmonton can be completed by a Commissioner for Oaths.  However, certified copies, out of Province real estate documents or travel consent letters all require notarization.  Also, many immigration documents, passport documents or power of attorney documents are required to be completed by a Notary Public.

Typically your document will indicate what sort of official is required.  Ensure you carefully review the signature section of the documents as it will often show whether it should be signed by a Commissioner for Oaths or Notary Public.  If you don’t find any indication, or you have written your own travel consent, immigration invitation letter or otherwise, simply determined if it will be sent or used outside of Alberta.  If so, it should be notarized.

The Notary Guy offers both Commissioner for Oaths and Notary Public service, so it is not critical you are aware of the type you require, however please be sure not to attend a registry as only lawyers are Notaries in Alberta.

What Do I Need to Complete My Notarization Appointment?

Your notary appointment can be quite fast if you are properly prepared.  To ensure you can quickly complete your appointment, please remember to bring your documents completed but NOT signed.  You will also need to bring photo identification so our Edmonton Notary can verify your identity prior to notarizing any documents.  This identification must include one piece of government issued photo ID, such as a driver’s licence, passport or citizenship card.  The second can be a major credit card, health care card, social insurance card or similar document.  Anyone signing must bring identification.

If you are having certified copies made, please bring the originals along with your photocopies.

Where is the Notary Public Service Located?

Notaries can be found throughout the City of Edmonton but after hours appointments can be difficult to find.  The Notary Guy is a good source for evening and weekend service and is located on the west end of Edmonton by appointment.  This service is available for certified copies, travel consent letters, immigration invitation letters and affidavits.  If you have a special document you need completed the best option is to simply call and ask.

For More Information –  https://www.notaryedmonton.ca/

About Author — We offer Notary Public Edmonton, Travel consent letter and Commissioner of Oaths services at reasonable prices. Our service has provided notarized documents for hundreds of satisfied customers.

Sponsored Links


This author has published 1 articles so far. More info about the author is coming soon.